Want to know when the most common break up period is? Interested in learning about singles in America? Read below!
1. Couples usually wait 6-8 dates before they are willing to go exclusive.
2. The most common time for break-ups is between 3-6 months.
3. One in three teenagers has experienced violence in a dating relationship.
4. If a guy can’t decide what to wear on a first date, he might want to wear blue. Studies show that women are attracted to men in blue.
5. According to the U.S. census, there are 95.9 million unmarried people in the U.S. of which 47% are men and 53% are women.
6. The third week in September is National Singles Week in the U.S.
7. Psychologists at the University of Pennsylvania studied data from over 10,000 speed daters and found that most people make a decision regarding a person’s attraction within three seconds of meeting.
8. In a survey of 5,000 singles conducted by Match.com, 43% said fresh breath mattered the most before a date, 17% said stylish clothes, 15% said sexy fragrance, 14% said good skin, and 10% said great hair.
9. Nearly 43% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.
10. Studies show that schools, colleges, coffee shops and malls are all excellent places to flirt because people are more open to meeting others in these places. Poor locations are restaurants and movie theaters.
11. Studies show that happiness is contagious and that potential dates find it hard to walk away from happy people. One of the biggest turn-offs during a date is negativity.
12. If you want to create an instant link with a date, say his or her name at least twice in the conversation. This shows attentiveness and connectedness.
13. When a man first approaches a woman, she will base 55% of her initial impression of him on his appearance and body language, 38% on his style of speaking, and 7% on what he actually says.
14. Research shows that men know they’re falling in love after just three dates, but women don’t fall in love until date 14.
15. On average, daters will kiss on their second date.
16. Twenty to 40 million Americans have used online dating services. Nearly 50% of online daters are aged 18-34 and 24% are 35-44.
17. Approximately 48% of online daters reported that their breakups occurred via text/email.
18. Over 50% of all singles in America have not had a date in more than two years.
19. 98% of High School relationships don’t last.
20. 25% of people said that they would go back to their first love.
21. Women own less than 1% of the worlds property.
22. Women make about 69 cents to every dollar that a man makes.
23. There’s only one job in American that women make more than men: prostitution.